The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is one of the most highly anticipated sought after events to happen. Year after year, millions of viewers across the globe tune in for a glance at the next ground breaking trend, or multitudes of glitter on skin and fake tans.
Normally the runway is dominated by Caucasian and south American blonde and brunette bombshells, but over recent years diversity has peaked its’ head in the door. This year alone, they had 5 black models, and 2 Asian modelsÂ in the show;(well really 2 1/2) 2 East Asian models, and 1 Half Arab/Half Asian Model. Not only has fashion embraced diversity, but diversity has brought a new found look on fashion itself.
The show itself never seems to disappoint year after year, but this year I can proudly say,Â Sui He took away the show as the Hottest Model and the new Goddess of Victoria’s Secret 2011 Angels.
As the Asian Exotic look becomes more accepted into mainstream media, we are bound to see more risingÂ Asian models in high-end fashion shows such as the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Born Sept. 23rd, 1989 in Wenzhou China
- Signed with New York Model Management
- Debuted in Spring 2010 Love Sex Money show in Milan
- First Asian Face ever to Open 2011 Spring Ralph Lauren Show in NY
- 1 of 2 Asian Faces in 2011 Victoria Secret Fashion Show
- Born Jan. 27th, 1988 in Yongzhou, Hunan, China
- Signed with Marilyn Agency in Paris
- Debuted in Fall 2008 for Trussardi show in Milan, Burberry, C’N’CÂ Costume National and Pollini
- Signed with EstÃ©e Lauder as first Asian Spokesmodel
- First Asian Face Ever to walk the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show