Wednesday Top Rank Promoter Bob Arum has announced Pac-man has chosen his next opponent and it is NOT going to be Floyd Mayweather. Arum would not divulge Pacquiao’s next opponent, but it will be against the previously mentioned Juan Manuel Marquez, Miquel Cotto, Tim Bradley or Lamont Peterson. The bout will take place June 9th in the newly built Las Vegas Arena 45,000 seat area scheduled to be finished by May’s end.

The problem with getting the Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather fight to happen lies in Mayweather insisting the fight take place on May 5th.
Mayweather tweets on Tuesday “the date can’t change.” Arum insist even the building of a temporary arena that could house 38,000 seats would not be completed till later in the month.

“To be safe, they said they needed until the end of May to get it done,” Arum said. “Economically, it’s a problem that Floyd created. The amount that would be lost by moving it up to May 5th is enormous. The fight is not going to happen on May 5th. We’ll do the fight in November. There is no real magic in doing it in May.”

He added that Pacquiao and him were on the same page as far as concerning his future.

“He realizes that economically the May 5th date is not smart,” Arum said. “If you postpone it two or three weeks, you can make so much more money. Mayweather told the court he was committed to fight on May 5th. I think they lied and said Pacquiao was ready to fight him. Now they are saying the judge ordered them to fight on May 5? Was the MGM behind this? If the judge says you have to surrender yourself on June 1st, what the f— does it matter to the judge if you fight on May 5th or two weeks later?”

There has been no response from Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe.

Source:SportsIllustrated