The San Diego Asian Film Festival (SDAFF) is excited to announce its twelfth season which runs OCTOBER 20-28, 2011 at the Mission Valley UltraStar Cinemas (7510 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92108).Â As one of the largest film exhibitions of its kind in North America, more than 160 films will premiere from 21 countries.
More than a hundred filmmakers, actors, and industry guests are scheduled to attend including Kelly Hu (THE SCORPION KING, ALMOST PERFECT), Hong Kong Actor/Singer Edison Chen, Sung Kang (FAST FIVE), Harry Shum Jr (GLEE), IAMME Dance Crew (2011 Winners of MTVâ€™s Americaâ€™s Best Dance Crew), CS Lee (DEXTER), and many more.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:Â Â Â
- Opening night film on Thursday, October 20 with the romantic comedy, ALMOST PERFECT, starring Kelly Hu (scheduled to attend with director Bertha Bay-Sa Pan)
- Closing night film on Friday, October 28 with the foodie crowd-pleasing documentary, JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI (director David Gelb scheduled to attend)
- Spotlight on Japanese films
- Free Films at Four â€“ every weekday at 4PM films are free to the public
- Live music showcase, BLOWFISH on Friday, October 21, featuring one of the pioneers of the video and DJ mash up, Mike Relm.
- Gala Awards Event on Sat, October 22, where pioneer Asian American actress, Nancy Kwan (Flower Drum Song, The World of Suzie Wong) will receive a Lifetime Achievement award
12th San Diego Asian Film FestivalÂ |Â October 20-28, 2011
UltraStar Cinemas Mission ValleyÂ
7510 Hazard Center Drive |Â San Diego, CA 92108
Film Clips and High Res Images Available
To set up interviews with filmmakers, actors, or festival staff: Daniel@sdaff.org
Check out the trailer:
Discounted pre-sale tickets are available online through October 16 (Member $7.50 | General $9).Â Tickets can be purchased at the Hazard Center UltraStar box office starting October 18 (Member $7.50 | General $11).Â Student/Military/Senior/and Group discounts are available.Â For ticketing info, full film details, and schedule, please visit www.SDAFF.org or contact 619.400.5911 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the San Diego Asian Film Foundation is to connect audiences with the Human Experience through the Pan Asian media arts. In doing so, we help build a cultured and compassionate society.